Select Representations Distinctions Bar Admissions and Membership Prior Experience
Savannah Stevenson is Counsel to Morvillo LLP in its New York office. Savannah represents individuals and corporations in investigations, enforcement actions, and prosecutions conducted by various government agencies, including the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, FINRA, the Federal Reserve Bank, and the District Attorney's Office. She litigates cases in federal, state, and administrative courts, negotiates with representatives of government agencies, and advises clients no regulatory and compliance issues. Savannah currently serves as a senior member of the court-appointed monitorship in JPMorgan Chase’s settlement with the United States Trustee Program of the Department of Justice (see ChaseIndependentReview.com). Savannah was a member of the trial and appellate teams in United States v. Newman, et al., No. 12-cr-121, which resulted in the Second Circuit vacating of the defendants’ convictions in a watershed decision for insider trading law. Savannah has managed numerous internal investigations of whistleblower and internal complaints alleging activities including insider trading, market manipulation, and other regulatory violations. Savannah is a certified mediator and volunteers in community mediation centers in New York City. Savannah was named as a SuperLawyers New York Metro Rising Star in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Serves as a senior member of the monitorship for JPMorgan Chase’s settlement with the United States Trustee Program of the Department of Justice.
- Represents an offshore corporate services provider and its founder charged with securities and tax fraud and money laundering in the Eastern District of New York.
- Represents a Chief Executive Officer of a Registered Investment advisor under indictment for securities fraud in the Southern District of New York.
- Represents an employee of a major investment bank in parallel criminal and regulatory cases involving theft of government property brought by the Southern District of New York, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Represented a former consultant to NBA Players’ Association charged under indictment in the Southern District of New York and charged in related FINRA action.
- Represented a hedge fund executive charged with securities fraud in the Southern District of New York and by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented the audit committee of a broker-dealer in conducting an internal investigation into allegations of securities fraud, various regulatory violations, and harassment.
- Represented a top-five global corporation in conducting an internal investigation into allegations of securities fraud.
- Represents defendants charged with various non-business-related crimes in the Southern District of New York pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act.
SuperLawyers New York Metro Rising Stars list in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
Admissions and Membership
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Sandler PC, 2011 – 2012
Shapiro LLP, 2008 – 2011
N. Cardozo School of Law; J.D., 2008
Mellon University; BFA, Music (Opera Performance), 1999