Bar Admissions and Membership
Jason Somensatto is Counsel to Morvillo LLP in its Washington, DC office where he helps clients navigate complex and sensitive government investigations and related white collar matters. Jason has represented numerous individual and corporate clients in investigations by the DOJ, SEC, and other government regulators. He has also represented clients conducting and participating in internal corporate investigations. Jason has particular experience in FCPA and securities-related matters, many involving international and cross-border business activities. Likewise, Jason advises clients on compliance with anti-corruption laws and securities regulations.
Jason is also an experienced trial lawyer. He has litigated several cases through trial involving claims ranging from insider trading to professional negligence.
Jason focuses part of his practice on technology-related issues. He has extensive knowledge of e-discovery and digital forensics and has managed multiple large data collection and production projects. Similarly, Jason has written several articles, and been quoted in others, addressing the intersection of technology and the law. He is a member of the Digital Currency & Ledger Defense Coalition, which provides pro bono services and submits amicus briefs in matters related to digital currencies and blockchain technology.
For the past several years, Jason has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia and the George Washington University Law School.
- Publicly-held retailer in connection with SEC and DOJ investigations of foreign product sourcing
- Senior executives for large asset manager in FCPA investigation of investments in African natural resources
- Former Capital One employees in SEC insider trading trial
- Consultant on cross-border transactions in Foreign Agent Registration Act investigation by DOJ
- Japanese accounting firm in PCAOB investigation of international audit
- Swiss private bank employees in SEC investigation of international broker-dealer activities
- George Washington
University School of Law, J.D., 2007
of Virginia, BA, 2004
2009 to 2012
LLP, 2007 to 2009
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014-2016
Admissions and Membership
District Court, District of Columbia
District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
District Court, Western District of Virginia